Drug-free DVT prevention
D.V.T. (Deep Venous Thrombosis), is the formation of a blood clot (thrombus) in the deep veins. DVT commonly forms in the veins of the calf or the tigh and is a case of emergency. There are several risk factors wich can increase DVT risk such as surgery (especially orthopedic surgery in the lower limbs, urological surgery, neuro-surgery, etc..).
Veinoplus DVT is a medical device complying with 93/42/EEC, and is a totally new portable mean of additional DVT prophylaxis.
Is is used in hospital and after discharge in most DVT risk cases: high risk of DVT surgeries situations and high-risk patients.
Why using Veinoplus DVT?
- 1/ Venous stasis removal in the lower limbs
- 2/ Pood pooling avoidance
- 3/ Clot/thrombus formation’s prevention
- 4/ Acceleration of blood velocity
- 5/ Physiological action (as the calf-pump itself)
When to use Veinoplus DVT?
- High-risk of DVT surgeries situations: orthopedic surgery, abdominal surgery, neuro-surgery, multiple trauma…
- High-risk patients: cancer patients, history of past DVT, overweight, long immobilization, inherited clotting disorder, elderly…
How does it work?
1/ Apply the electrodes on the concerned leg (or legs), in a sitting, semi-recumbent or lying position
2/ Increase the intensity slowly and progressively, in order to see and feel deep muscle contractions
3/ Easy-to-use: one single program, automatic shutdown after 180 minutes.
4/ No risk of overuse: the more you use the device, the better!
Read the instruction manual carefully before using the product
The use of VEINOPLUS DVT does not replace standard DVT prophylaxis. In any doubt, consult with your doctor. Contra-indications : pacemaker or implanted defibrillator. Precautions of use: please refer to the User’s manual..